Thursday, January 29, 2009

Frosting

This morning just after I woke up, and like I do every single morning, I opened all the blinds in the house to see what kind of day we've got going on. This morning I noticed that all the rooftops around us were covered in a beautiful frost. This is about the closest thing we'll most likely get to real snow this Winter. Shortly after I woke up, I heard Addyson stirring around so I had to show her my findings too. I opened the blinds in her room and she says, "Mom! It looks like there's frosting on those houses!" Cute girl:)
By the time I could get outside to take some pics lots of the frost had melted, it's a beautiful day with lots of sunshine.

Here are a few pics of our house with some ice on the eaves, Ryan's truck with ice on top and a few neighbor's houses.
I can almost hear our families in Utah and Alaska chuckling at the thought of "frost" on the rooftops here when they see tons of snow all Winter long, haha
I AM actually ready for Summer, dare I say it?? I'm ready to get some pool time in, I love Summer, I am Texas girl after all...

3 comments:

Nolo and Lauren said...

Makes me wish we were in Texas right now. I'm sooooo tired of the cold, snow and ice.

Veronica said...

Oh I miss Texas houses like crazy!! They are so much classier looking than the ones you find around here. I miss brick. Everyone is stucco up here :(

Lené Gary said...

I'm ready for summer, too, Heather. :) Love the "frosting"!