Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Teething Baby

My goodness, I have a little Lane that is teething something fierce right now. I am beyond sad for her. She is constantly crying, tugging at her ears, drooling, and has lots of messy diapers each day. I know teething is as much a part of baby-hood as them getting up during the night, but this is much different. And I guess I'm not used to it because Addyson never teethed this bad...
I peeked inside her little mouth today and she just has these swollen little pillow looking spots in several place around her gums, all teeth about to come in(I hope!). She already has her 2 year molars in, and pretty soon I bet she'll have all her teeth in, all before she's 18 months old. Ryan and I say that we'll sit back and relax when all the other kids her age are two and still teething, because she'll be DONE! She, and the rest of us, have worked so very hard for the teeth she has now.

We need to buy stock in the Motrin and Orajel companies, we are for sure keeping them in business!

***One of my favorite pics of Lane, check out all that hair! She loves her blanket, one of the things she can't live without.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Poor thing! Hopefully it will all be overwith very soon!

jamiebeth04 said...

I hate teething! I hope it ends soon. It is just a phase...this too shall pass.

Shawna said...

Aww poor baby! Bless her heart. I didn't realize that it goes on for Y-E-A-R-S. I don't know what I thought - guess I'm not thinking that far ahead yet... :) The good thing is that it does eventually pass. Let's hope for sooner rather than later!