Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Backyard That Sealed The Deal

When we were looking at houses we had a few we liked, but we ended up choosing our house, the one with the biggest backyard. We have so enjoyed it! Every Spring we ask ourselves the same question, "Should we go ahead and get a pool this year"? Nope! Our girls love their yard so much and a pool would take that away from them, plus I'm so paranoid of having little kids around a pool, just me...

This weekend was a great one, we had The Pope crew over Saturday for water sliding, Slip N' Sliding, BBQ and S'mores. Lots of fun! The kids, minus Lane and Baby Bennett, were outside on the slide for 6 hours, crazy. It was wonderful because they ate good and fell asleep pretty easily last night, can't complain about that!
These are some of my favorite pics we got yesterday(look how BIG that sweet Baxter Boy is getting, such a good dog!).


And just because I've been in a baking mood lately, here's the recipe to some cookies I'm making later today. I'll be giving most of them away, no way my waistline could handle all of them;-)

Reese's Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies

1 c. butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. unsifted all-purpose flour
2/3 c. Hershey's cocoa
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. (12 oz. pkg.) Reese's peanut butter chips
Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in peanut butter chips. Chill until firm enough to handle.
Shape small amounts of dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet and flatten slightly with fork. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet onto wire rack. Makes about 6 dozen 2 1/2 inch cookies.

2 comments:

Nolo and Lauren said...

Wish they made slides like that for adults. Plus, I'll have to try your recipe. I love PB & Chocolate together

Melanie said...

That sure was a blast! We need to do that more often, my kids slept like rocks that night! Oh, I think you need to document the fact that you and I got our suits on and tried out the new slide, too!! What fun, THANKS!