Thursday, November 26, 2009

More Than Thankful

My heart is very full!

I feel like a good amount of the time I tend to focus on what's NOT going my way. The house is messy, kids aren't being quiet when I might have a headache, the laundry needs folding, or Ryan is traveling and I don't think I can find much more patience, and the list can go on.

But at this time of year I am feeling so grateful for the endless amounts of blessings I have! I should be happy I have a messy house, it means we have a home that is filled with things we want and need. I'm happy I hear the girls being loud, it means that Heavenly Father has trusted me with such special gifts as my girls. I'm happy I have enormous amounts of laundry, it means we are clothed. And, I'm happy my husband travels, it means he has a great job and that he is a hard worker.

Tonight we drove around for a bit looking at Christmas lights. I turned around to look at the girls in the backseat, they were holding hands and giggling. This is what life is about...happiness!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours; may your Fried Turkey, Sweet Potato Casserole, Mashed Potatoes, Corn Casserole, Dressing, gravy, and Pumpkin Cobbler be as good as ours!

No comments: