Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Visit with Gloria Jean

Recently, my grandmother was moved into an assisted living/nursing home and I've really been wanting to go see her. The facility is about an hour away from our house, not too far, but I just haven't found the time to get over there. This morning I decided that the girls and I needed to pay her a visit. I didn't call her to tell her we were coming, I wanted to surprise her. When we got there, Brandy was there, then my Mom showed up. It was so great walking in and seeing her and her eyes lighting up when she saw us. It's been too long. She's definitely aging, but during the visit I realized she hasn't lost her dry sense of humor that makes her, her. We got to stay about 45 minutes, and I wanted to stay longer, but Addyson was hungry and Delaney was starting to get loud. Loud and elderly people don't go together all that well!
I really need to carve out sometime for my sweet grandmother at least once every 2 or so weeks. She's a special lady that I have lots and lots of fond memories of. I really enjoy being around her...

No comments: