Friday, April 23, 2010

Frustration

Oh how I love my girls! I do, I do! But this week they've thrown some challenges my way...
Our darling of an angel Laney won't have any part of potty training. I don't want to force the issue because I know when she's ready, she'll be ready. I hear a, "Mommy! I need to go POTTY!" Just as I sprint to get her on the potty, I find that she's already gone in her diaper. Oh well, "It will happen", I keep telling myself. Sigh. I just hope it happens for July, before we head out on our big Fackrell Family cruise. Fingers crossed!

And, this same little angel has decided to cease all napping, unless it's in the car, or at 4 pm when she's so tired she can't take it anymore. Neither is a great scenario.

Now on to our sweetheart of an Addyson. I wouldn't say I'm frustrated with this little one, more sad for her. She's been having nightmares at night, and she is VERY convinced that there are "guys" hiding out in her room. They wait for her to be tucked in at night, then they come out and scare her. Lots more to it, but I'll leave it at that. She seems really tired during the day most days because she stays up late with her vivid imagination.

Also, I've gotten a call two days in a row from Addy's school just after lunch asking me to come pick her up because her tummy hurts. We've been dealing with tummy issues for a while now, so I take her to the Dr. It turns out the Reflux that she suffered from as an infant has come back. Poor kid. Evidently this stuff is pretty painful.

I suppose things could be much worse. I count my blessings everyday that I have some happy and healthy little ladies. Some weeks are just tougher than others!

No comments: