Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Laney J's First Day of Pre School

Laney is now a Busy Bee! She's in the older 2's class at St. Peter's, and they are the "Busy Bee" class. They couldn't have picked a better name for the class, ha! She goes to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9-2:30. Yay for 10 hours of free time for me each week!
I was a bit worried that this little one would be sad when I left her at school the first day. She didn't like the fact that as soon as we got into her classroom she had to go straight to the sink to wash her hands. She cried about that for a bit, got over it, then started exploring her room. She put her nap mat, bag, and lunch box in her cubby, such a big girl. When it was time for me to leave I gave her a quick goodbye and told her I'd be back in a few hours. I was surprised that neither one of us cried.

Fast forward a few hours when I picked her up. She was so happy to see me, and when I saw how happy SHE was, I cried! Crazy Mom emotions. The teacher said she had a great day so that thrilled me. She ate almost all her lunch, took a nap, and made some new friends. What more could a Mom want out of a first day of pre-school?! I was so proud of her! Now let's see if she wants to go back on Thursday...

No comments: