Friday, March 22, 2013

8 months and counting

So here I am, updating my little ole' blog after a long while.  I figure since I've deleted the Facebook account, our family blog would be the best way for our family and friends to get a peek inside our life  up in Northeast Ohio.

We moved to Medina 8 months ago, in July 2012.  It's been a whirlwind of changes since then.  As hard as it has been to basically start our lives over, it's been great as well.  Here's a bit of what we've been up to;

Ryan-he's a regional director for Macaroni Grill restaurant and travels about every other week for a few days.  Work keeps him extra busy, but we get him to ourselves all day on Sundays.  He is active in our church and is the Elders Quorum president.  In Houston he was an avid golfer, but since trying to settle his family in a new state, and weather challenges, it's been difficult for him to play.  He's a great husband and dad.  We love him to death and he's been my saving grace since moving.  He's gotten pretty good at snow blowing and I actually think he enjoys it.  Well, maybe not at 7 am so we can get out and take kids to school, but he's a good sport about it.

Heather-I have definitely learned so much about myself since moving to this frozen tundra.  I realize I actually can live without parents and siblings around, ha!  I can build a mean fire in the fireplace, I love to sled!, can build a snowman, and know more than I care to about well water.  No city water out here in the country!  It's been an adjustment, but I find if I go with the flow and not question too much, it's all good.  One thing that has been a comfort to me is our church.  I love the friends I've met there and I love the youth I teach.  I'm a Sunday school teacher to the 14-15 year olds and love it.  Teenagers are quite a different breed, but they're awesome.  We also have great neighbors that are a call away if I need anything at all, a huge blessing!

Addyson-our oldest is a second grader at Granger Elementary.  She's a great kid, does well in school, loves playing with friends outside and plays soccer. She also recently started taking piano lessons and loves it. Shortly after we moved to Ohio she was baptized a member of our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  When kids turn 8 in our church, they can choose to be baptized, and I'm glad she had that desire.  She's really growing up and as much as I love her, she's become a great friend as well.  We have some really good talks and we love going to the mall or out to eat just us two.  I can really pick her brain that way.   She's a Monopoly pro and can't stand to lose.  Wonder where that came from??

Delaney-oh my.  This 5 year old is a mess, but we are so crazy about her.  She's funny and can pull you out of a bad mood in an instant.  She loves to dance, play soccer, Barbies, tell jokes, eat apples and go to school.  Her church and preschool teachers have funny stories about her each time I pick her up.  Never a dull moment.  I registered her for Kindergarten last week and that is just insane to me.  Thank goodness that here in Ohio, Kinder is only two full days a week, every other week three days.  I'll love getting her a few days of the week to myself.  I love to love on this kid as much as I can.  Her best friends are Baxter and Hammer Johnson.  Thank goodness these two are such good animals.


We have had some visitors since living here and that's been such a treat!  Aunt Melanie came in September for Addyson's baptism,  Aunt Brandy came in November for five days, Grandma Teresa and Grandpa Craig visited in December, and Grandma and Grandpa Fackrell arrived for a few days just before Christmas.  We're now looking forward to the Cameron Johnson family's visit over spring break!  We'll head to Canada to visit Niagra Falls and hit a few other places around.  We're grateful for the time everyone has taken to come see us in our new environment.

Will post pics after I can get some uploaded from the phone to the computer.  Just wanted to update our friends and loved ones of our happenings.  We miss everyone and hope to come to TX for a few
weeks over the Summer.

No comments: