Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Not So Healthy Mother's Day

An interesting Mom's Day this year.  Woke up to freezing weather outside, so we all had to bundle up when we left for church.  I have to say, this is the first Mother's Day that there was a fire in the fireplace at our house.  But this IS Ohio after all.

Church was great, but emotional for me. It was fast and testimony for our ward, and I bore my testimony and also spoke of my mom, whom I have not seen in 10 months.  I miss her dearly, but I'm looking forward to the trip that she and my dad are making to come visit for my birthday in July.

After church Ryan asked me what he could make me for lunch and I requested a plate full of nachos.  Yum.  After lunch he had to go in to work for a bit, but when he got home he had an enormous chocolate cake for me.  Good because I love chocolate cake, but bad because that didn't exactly fit in with my Special K diet.  Oh well.

I got some cute cards and gifts from my sweet babies and overall had a great day!


No comments: