Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Alone

So the day has arrived.  The day that you think about when your first born is a tiny baby and into everything.  You wish for the day when all the kids are in school full time.  You imagine how you'll spend those days.  How you'll get pedicures, go grocery shopping alone, read books, lunch with friends, etc, etc.  The day is here.  I'm surprisingly lonely.  I was driving home from the store and I missed looking in my rear view at Lane while she's telling me about this neat bird she saw out the window, or a pretty flower she wishes she could pick for me.  Yes, I've gotten more done before noon today than I think I did all last week put together, but I'm missing those cute girls of mine.  Why do we always want what we can't have??  Now that both of my girls are in school full time, I'm kind of saddened that the real world has them most of the time now.  They're off to learn good things and not so good things, they're getting to make their own decisions about things, and not what Mom thinks all the time.  I can't protect them from 8:45-3:00 Monday through Friday now, but that's the way life goes.  I'm proud of how smart, creative, caring, outgoing, sweet and fun they are and I suppose I'm ready to share them with the world.  I just hope the world is kind to them in return.

No comments: