Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fiestaware Tent Sale

On Friday, my sweet neighbor Joan and I took a road trip to West Virgina to check out the twice a year tent sale at the Homer Laughlin outlet.  They're the people that make Fiestaware.  Before I met Joan I had no idea what Fiestaware is.  It's basically bright colored, oven safe, lead free dishes and serving ware.  I'm not a big color person when it comes to my dishes, I think my next set will be white, but I thought it would be fun to add some colorful serving pieces to my kitchen.  And color I found!  We arrived in Newell, WV at about 10 am, about a 2.5 hour drive from Medina, and we stood in line until noon when we got in the tent.  Fiestaware isn't cheap stuff, so when they have their big tent sales in June and October, people come out in droves.  The prices are rediculously cheap.  And, the pieces they sell are their "seconds", which means they're not 100% perfect to sell in the store, there might be a bubble, small chip, discoloration, etc.  I got a beautiful platter, in flamingo(pink) for $15 that retails for $90., score!  I got some pitchers, some spoon rests, baking dish, chip and dip set, and a crock to put my kitchen utensils in.  I'm pretty happy with my loot!  It was so fun hanging out with Joan.  She's a great lady and all we do is laugh when we're together.  A great day for sure.






No comments: