Friday, November 29, 2013

A Day of Thanks

Such a great thanksgiving day at our house.  I've been all about low-key lately and thanksgiving was just that for us this year.  

Ryan woke up early and played basketball with friends from church and came home with a jammed finger and sore back.  Ouch.  He rested a bit which delayed our thanksgiving feast, but it was fine, dinner instead of lunch was a good change.  We watched football, the girls cut out sugar cookies into Christmas shapes, and I made a few side dishes for our meal.  This year the menu was fried turkey, cranberry sauce, broccoli cheese and rice casserole, sweet potatoes, green beans, stuffing, corn on the cob and pumpkin fudge.  I normally make my pumpkin cobbler, but I'm not sure my crew really likes it so I skipped it this year.  I've gotta say, I sure missed it!  The day before thanksgiving, my sweet friend Jordan dropped off some mini pumpkin cheesecakes for us so we added those to our menu.  They were ahhh-mazing!

We have an endless amount of things to be thankful for, and the most important of my blessings were right here with me.  So blessed!







No comments: