Friday, November 15, 2013

Parent/Teacher Conferences

A week or so ago we had parent/teacher conf up at Granger.  Our first was with Addyson's 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Kaplack.  For some reason, going into that conference I was emotional.  I'm so very proud of Addyson, she makes wonderful grades and she's a great student, but she's super critical and hard on herself when it comes to school work.  It makes me sad that she puts unneeded stress on herself.  Her teacher reaffirmed what we know, she smart, works well with others and is right on track.  Mrs. Kaplack says she's reading on about a mid year 4th grade level.  We're so proud of her and tears came to my eyes during our conversation with the teacher.  Love my Addyson.

Next up was Lane's conference with her Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Nar.  I seriously had no idea what we were going to walk into with this conf.  Laney is such a trip.  She's a smart kid, but she loves to chat and be silly so I was wondering what her teacher would say.  Mrs. Nar told us that Lane is one of her best students, she follows instructions well, she does her work, and helps other students.  She told us there was one problem though.  My stomach sank.  She said, "You know, Delaney loves scissors, she loves to cut things, even her hair". What?!  Oh this child.  Yep, teacher says she finds these small chunks of Lane's hair under her desk some days.  I was mortified.  I hadn't even noticed, this girl is good at hiding stuff, such a stinker.  So, the teacher has to really watch her when she has scissors.  Great.

I'm pretty proud of my little ladies.  They work hard and get along well with their peers, pretty important life skills I'd say.  Love them so.

No comments: