Sunday, September 28, 2014

General Women's Conference

The rules changed a bit this year for general women's conference at church. In April's conference they decided to let all girls 8 and up attend.  I thought this was the coolest thing ever!  So nice that I could bring my sweet oldest with me to see it at church.  Last night Addyson and I made it a date and invited my Ohio best friend, Kathryn, and her daughter Lily to have dinner with us, then hit the conference.  Still wondering how I didn't get any pictures of Kathryn and Lily!  Anyway, we ate at Macaroni Grill then got to our ward building in time for ice cream sundaes with our Ward and the Medina Ward.  Addyson was so cute, she was so  geared up for the night.  She wanted her hair and outfit to be perfect, she made sure to bring the conference journal she made in Activity Days, she paid close attention, and took lots of notes!  I was super impressed by her, she's definitely an amazing example to me.  Half way through the conference she leaned over and whispered to me, "Mom, thanks so much for bringing me to this.  It's so awesome".   Wow.  And I think she has a new favorite speaker in Uchtdorf.  Can't say I blame her.  He pretty much nails it everytime.  We had an evening for the books and we made some sweet memories.  Grateful for this daughter of mine!





No comments: