Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Joy

Christmas was pretty much amazing, and I think it gets better with each year.  Santa stopped in a big way at our house and didn't disappoint!   We started Christmas Eve by letting the girls open their presents to each other, a tradition we've had since the year Lane was born.  Ryan made chicken tortilla soup for dinner, another tradition, and we had homemade rolls and homemade Macaroni and Cheese for the little ones.  Egg Nog pie was for dessert.  We finished out the evening by watching Christmas Vacation and it was Addyson's first time seeing it.  Such a funny movie!  Christmas morning Ryan and I got smart and set our alarms at 6:50 so we could set up a few things before the girls came down at 7.  They always know not to come down before then Christmas morning, ha!  The fun began as soon as the girls rounded the corner.  I think Christmas morning is one of the best parts about being a Mom for me.  It's so magical to see those priceless looks on those sweet little faces.  Addyson's favorite gift this year was her Star Wars Lego Ewok Village, and Laney's was her Flutterby Fairy.  Ryan and I filled each other's stockings and it was fun.  He got me a Happy Light, something to help lift my mood during the dreary North East Ohio winter days!  I also got Ugg boots, very much needed in these parts.  I got him some memory foam slippers, a Playstation game, socks, a tie, and some of his favorite things to munch on.  Since moving to Ohio we don't get to see our extended family on Christmas anymore, but we for sure make the best of it with our little family of four.  We are blessed beyond measure.

















No comments: