Sunday, May 31, 2015

Peace Out, School!

This past Thursday was the last day of school.  I had two happy kids!  Well, Addyson had mixed feelings about it being the end of the year.  She had a pretty amazing teacher this year, Mrs. Lyon.  They built a really need relationship and I know it's one that Adyson will always treasure.  They exchanged an email the last week of school and it brought tears to my eyes;

Hey Mrs. Lyon! This is Addy just FYI. I just wanted to tell you I'm so thankful for you and all you have done for me. So- thank you! I don't want to sound cheesy- because every kid says it-but you are so amazing! I will never EVER forget you or this year. You helped me understand everything, and helped me deal with some people (you know who) that I would have not been patience with without you. I hope we can be pen pals/email pals! I will always keep you posted! :) I hope someday you will be able to watch Star Wars! LOL! Anyway, I won't be that annoying person that always emails you- but I will definitely keep in touch. I hope you never change and stay great! Thanks again! I will miss you so so much!


                                                        Your Student,
                                         Addyson Johnson 

Hey Addyson,
I have to tell you that you always make me smile and really seem to know when I need a pick me up!  (Even in the most unusual times) After sitting at a long storm delayed tough track meet tonight, I thought I had better check my email...there you are :).  I should be thanking you!  I think you helped me this year more than I could have ever helped you. I almost cried and laughed at the same time. Never hesitate to email me.  I hope we can stay in touch for years to come.  I am excited to see the wonderful things you are going to do. Always know that my door is open for you and that no matter where you are, your google drive is instantaneous! To think that you could ever be cheese made me chuckle out loud:)). 

You have to promise me that you will stay the same and continue to work hard.  You are an impressive young lady...don't ever forget it and don't be afraid to show it :)

Your teacher always, 
Mrs. Lyon

I mean wow!  I never had a teacher like this, she's one in a Million, and I hope Lane gets to experience teacher like Mrs. Lyon at some point in her life.
I told the girls they could each have a friend spend the night the last at of school.  Addyson had Regan over and Lane had Eliza.  Both really sweet girls so I knew there'd be no issues.  Haha. The girls played kickball, hung in their rooms, we did personal pizzas for dinner, Spa time after they ate, they ran around the yard after dark, watched movies, played Rock Band, then everyone crashed before Midnight.  The next day Liza needed to get home fairly early, but Regan stayed with us most of the day while her Mom worked. I took the girls to see Tomorrowland and I think it was one of the worst movies I'd seen.  The girls thought it was fine, but it was boring and the storyline was pretty odd.  
Can't believe yet another school year has passed.  After I put the girls on the bus the last day I cried.  Not unusual for me lately, but it just stung knowing that these girls aren't getting any younger.  Fifth grade and second grade, my little ones are growing so fast...so proud of them for all that they accomplished this year!





No comments: