Thursday, September 10, 2015

Sting

A few years ago in preschool Lane got stung by a wasp.  She was out on the playground and it was pretty traumatic for her.  Her teacher called and told me about it, but said Lane was fine and wanted to stay at school the rest of the day.  Since that happened she's been leery of anything that flies around her.  So it came as no surprise that when she got stung a few days ago that she completely freaked out.  She and her Dad and Addyson were playing kickball in the front yard when a wasp got her on her thigh.  Poor kid.  I felt terrible for her.  We got her inside and iced it then put some medicine on it.  For a few days the area on her thigh was pretty red and swollen, and she had zero interest in going back outside for a while.  
This morning I was in her room after she left for school and found a little page in a journal she had written.  I thought it was pitiful but sweet.  I love how she wrote down how she was feeling.  Oh how I love her.


No comments: