Monday, August 1, 2016

Goodbye to July

July 2016 may go down as one of the toughest months I've had, and I'm not sad to see it go.

The first week of the month Ryan and I had planned an early anniversary getaway to Chicago.  I was so excited because we hadn't been able, just us two, to go anywhere for a few years. A few days before the trip my mom called and said that Dad's condition was getting worse.  Ryan and I decided I needed to get to Houston to see him as soon as I could.  Obviously our trip was canceled, and instead I flew to Houston to see Dad.  I'm sure glad I got to go, because while I was there I was able to say my goodbyes to him, and he then passed away early morning the day I flew home.  Between his death, funeral planning, the funeral, lots of emotions and being exhausted, it was s tough month.  In that time Ryan and I had our 13th anniversary, then my birthday.  Even though they are always special days I look forward to each year, this time around they didn't seem celebrated as much.  That was hard, but understandable.  We spent two weeks in Houston with my family and Ryan's, and it was great seeing them.  We did have some fun though.  

I'm really glad August is here and we can now look forward to school starting along with a routine for everyone.  

No comments: