Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Egypt a no go!

Can you feel my sense of relief? I think moving overseas for a few years would have definitely been an adventure, and a great opportunity, but maybe not with 2 kids under the age of 4. I think Ryan wanted to go, but he had his reservations too.

I think the final decision maker was the other night when I was looking at furniture/wall decor for the girls' rooms online and I wanted Ryan to see it. He said, "Can we just hold off for a little while to get all that stuff?" I'm sure at the time he just wasn't sure what the plan was as far as a move to Egypt. I told him I wished that we could make a decision one way or the other so we could move on with our lives, and that I was ready to make our house more of a home. I think he realized then that my heart was set on staying, but I also didn't want him to have second thoughts later if he really wanted to go. He's fine with staying, he has a few other things in the works as far as work is concerned, so we feel good about it all the way around.

On to the next chapter in our lives!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm sure you are very relieved. Have fun decorating the girls room. We had lots of fun getting Lauren's big girl room done--although we still have a little more we want to do.