Sunday, August 17, 2008

One of many trips to The Houston Zoo





We spend SO much time at the zoo, no kidding. If Ryan comes home from work early one afternoon, we head to the zoo. If everyone is awake early enough on a Saturday, we go to the zoo before it gets too hot. The only time we don't go is if it's a holiday because that means "free admission day", and it's no fun to fight tons and tons of people just to get a glance at a shark or something.
Addyson's favorite animals to see are the Red Crowned Crane(I think Zazu from The Lion King is one and that's why she's so fond of them?), the Komodo Dragon named Smaug, the lion named Jonathan the Great, and the giraffes. Today in the reptile house there was a zoo volunteer letting everyone pet this snake she was holding(eek!). Addyson was front and center trying to touch the thing. She finally got to pet it and she was thrilled.
Delaney doesn't get real excited when we go to the zoo because it's so hot, she doesn't seem to be too keen on hot weather. As long as I've got plenty of snacks for her and her sippy cup, she's just fine.

We really love going there, it's become such a big part of our little family. I'll be sad when the girls are grown and won't have the time for it anymore *sniff, sniff*
**After we got home, Addyson was really tired because she was up really late last night. She had a pretty bad crying spell and about an hour after it was over I asked her, "You were pretty upset, huh?" She said, "Yeah Mom, I was having some issues." I had to start laughing, guess she gets the "I'm having issues" phrase from me, I tend to say that to Ryan quite often. Kids are such little sponges!

No comments: