Thursday, October 16, 2008

Miss Baby Legs Delaney




Just about the time Addyson got into the toddler-almost-pre-schooler age I discovered these adorable things called Baby Legs(http://www.babylegs.net/,they're leg warmers for babies). I figured she was getting too big for them so I never got her pair, but then I got to have another little girl so I had to get her a few pairs of them. I ordered them just after Delaney was born, and in typical Heather fashion I forgot I had them until just this morning. Really, I would forget what day it was if my computer didn't remind me each day, I have a horrible memory, just ask Ryan and my Mom. Anyway, there was a bit of a chill in the air this morning so I thought I'd put the Baby Legs on little Lane for her to try out. Oh my gosh, CUTE! I got the camera out and got a few shots of her just before she and I went to the grocery store.
Speaking of Delaney, I'm really enjoy the time I have with her while big sister Addyson is at school on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. I forgot what it was like to have a child that doesn't talk and can't ask questions every 45 seconds;-) I just put her in her car seat and she'll go where ever I want to take her. She's such a good baby, and I really love the heck out of being her Mom, she is a true joy.

I'm also making dinner tonight, Ryan and Addyson will be in shock! It's rare for me to make dinner because since Addyson is such a picky eater I don't bother too often, and because Ryan works in a restaurant he tastes things all day and by the time he gets home he's not all that hungry(I'm very blessed in the not having to make dinner department every night, I know)

And for some reason when it gets even the tiniest bit cold I want to pull out my crock pot, I just love that thing, what a wonderful invention for Moms...
Here's what's on the menu at the Johnson House this evening;

Crock Pot BBQ Chicken
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Mix all ingredients together, place in crock pot, and cook for six hours on low.
When chicken is cooked, remove meat, shred, and add sauce to taste.
Serve on buns or over hot rice.


Honey Glazed Carrots
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoons butter
4 Cups thinly sliced and peeled carrots
Salt and Pepper
2 Tablespoons honey.
Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots, a pinch of salt, pepper and the honey. Stir and let cook for 10-12 minutes, or until softened to your liking. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.

I'm sure it will all turn out yummy, you really can't mess up anything in the crock pot, right???
**The chicken turned out really good(Addyson actually ate it, shocker!). I added 1 more TBSP of honey to the carrots, that made them extra good...

2 comments:

kristyo15 said...

Hey Heather!

I am so stealing that crock pot recipe! :) Seeing as how my crockpot has been used twice in the 5 years that I have had it!

Those Baby Legs are too cute! I've wondered about those, I guess I need to get Emery a pair!

Cute Pics!

Veronica said...

Oooooh, the chicken sounds so good! We will have that one this week! Love teh baby legs :)