Sunday, October 12, 2008

Childless in San Antonio






This past weekend I attended the wedding of my "little" cousin Alli in San Antonio. Ryan and I were both invited, but since we weren't going to bring the kids and we didn't have anyone to watch them, I went to the wedding alone.

Brandy and I drive up to SA on Friday afternoon and saw a few sights before the wedding Saturday night. It was held at The Buckhorn Museum, not a place you'd expect a wedding to be held(http://www.buckhornmuseum.com/), but it turned out to be a beautiful ceremony and reception. Alli was SUCH a beautiful bride! Put any girl in a wedding dress and I think she looks great, but Alli did it with such a grace and elegance about her.

I got to see lots of people I hadn't seen in years so it was fun to catch up with everyone. I can tell I'm really not the young person I used to be; we stayed at the reception until after midnight and I'm so wiped out today. I can't handle that stuff anymore! It was worth it though.

I was glad to get back to my little family today, and I think Ryan was happy to see me;) He looked a little beat down, but he said he and the girls had a good time while I was gone. He took them to the zoo yesterday, and today when I walked in the front door there was no one to be found. Ryan's truck was in the driveway, but I didn't see anyone in the house. I started getting nervous, but about that time I heard him and the girls walk in, they went on a walk, whew!

It's back to reality now that I'm back home, but it was such a fun weekend and I'm glad I had the chance to go!
***The cactus you see in the pics were the grooms cakes! They were so yummy...And, if you could see Alli's new husband in person, you'd agree with me that he is Clint Black's twin, no kidding.

No comments: