Thursday, October 9, 2008

Writing and *almost* Walking



Last night I looked at the time and it was already 7:00, Addyson hadn't eaten dinner, I hadn't bathed her, we just had a lot going on and time got away from us. After I started dinner she kept asking me for a marker and a piece of paper so I finally gave them to her. She said, "Mom, can I write my name?" "Sure", I say, not realizing that she was really going to do it. A few minutes later she says, "Here Mom, I wrote my name!" I glanced at the piece of paper then put it down so I could fix her plate. Later I looked again and noticed that she really wrote her name, I was a proud Mom! No one(to my knowledge)has taught her to do this so I was really impressed. She can write most of her letters, so I thought this was pretty neat!

Also, little Lane was so close to taking her first steps yesterday! She was holding on to the toy basket when she spotted me holding a bottle for her. She saw it and stepped away from the basket and almost walked to me to get it. I was so excited that I think that's why she fell on her bum, I must have scared her;) I'm not a real big fan of crawling, I'd rather my kids skip that and start walking, it makes things MUCH easier!

Yay for my big girls:-)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Very exciting! Lauren said the entire alphabet the other week and it made me a proud mom too!