Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight

One year ago this month I got my first taste of the book "Twilight" when a friend from church mentioned how great it was and how hooked she was on it. I was on bed rest with Delaney, so I ordered the book and after it came in the mail I started reading it. I read 1/4 of it until another delivery arrived, Delaney. After that I put the book down and it collected dust because if I had a spare moment, that moment was not going to be reading a book.

Throughout the past year I've had countless people tell me they've read all 4 of the books in the series and how nuts they were over it. Then, the movie about the first book in the series, "Twilight" was going to become a movie. Still not a lot about it interested me. A few weeks back I got an invitation from some ladies at church to go to a get together before the movie, then go to see the movie afterwards. I thought I may as well go, it would be a fun night out at least.

Last night was the night we all went and saw "Twilight", and now I can say I'm one of the ones that are hooked! It was such a great film, great actors, characters, storyline, etc. A few times I was actually nervous waiting to see what would happen next, it definitely caught and held on to my attention the entire 2 hours.

There were plenty of "giddy" Edward(the main character) loving teenage girls in the theater that made things a bit annoying, but nonetheless it was a great time, and I think all the ladies in our group enjoyed it.

My head finally hit the pillow at 2 this morning(we went to a pretty late showing of the movie) and I had a hard time sleeping because I was up thinking about this movie. Yes, I have been a zombie all day, but it was so worth it.

It was a great flick, and one I'm already anxious to own on DVD(Ok, Blu-ray, thanks to Ryan;).

And, I suppose now I need to get the book read, I'm excited!
Go see this movie!

***I had to give the blog a little pre-holiday cheer, normally I don't dare touch red and green until at least the day after Thanksgiving, but this year I'm already so excited about Christmas!!

1 comment:

kristyo15 said...

Love the little makeover! :) Good job! I haven't caught the Twilight Craze yet, but maybe it will come soon! Have a great Thanksgiving this week and tell the family we said Hello!