Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Dr.'s Visit and Dinner for a Cold Night

This morning Addyson had her 4 year well visit at Dr. Lentsch's office. Yes, that means shots. She was 4 in early September, so you do the math, I put this off for as long as I could. I begged and pleaded with Ryan to take her to the appointment and he reluctantly said yes.

As he was getting her dressed this morning I heard a scream come from our bathroom, yep, he broke the news to her that she was getting shots(not sure why he didn't tell her on the way to the Dr., or at least until they got there?). She comes to find me and says, "Mom, Dad says I'm getting shots today, do I have to?" She had the most pitiful look on her face and I felt bad for her.

She got her shots and Ryan said it was pretty traumatic(a hangnail is traumatic for our little drama queen, so you can imagine how bad this was), so he took her to Toys R Us to pick out ONE toy. Notice the word ONE is emphasized here, ONE toy. Well, they came home with THREE toys. Ugh! The man doesn't know how to say no, but I'm sure he was feeling bad for her. I just wish he would have left a few things for Santa to get her *sigh*.

I also promised her lunch at Chick-Fil-A and told her she could play there for a bit. I'd say she racked up in the sympathy department today...

Anyway, our "baby" is all done with her immunizations! Next round of shots will be much later, or if/when she decides to travel to the rain forest or a third world country.

Thanks Ryan for letting me off the hook and taking her for me!
(the above pic is how I found her just after she got home, guess those shots took their toll!)
__________________________________________________

I usually think soup or stew when it's really cold outside, and tonight is no exception!

We're having Broccoli-Cheese Soup with Cornbread tonight;

Broccoli-Cheese Soup

10 3/4 ounce can cream of celery soup
10 3/4 ounce can cheddar cheese soup
1 1/4 C milk
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp pepper
1 C shredded cheddar cheese
2-3 C broccoli, chopped and cooked

Combine soups, milk, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until hot, stirring occasionally. Add cheese; stir until melted. Add broccoli and continue to stir over low heat until soup is heated through. Serves 4 to 6.

And I'm making a pan of cornbread, just a mix I got at the store. A trick my Mom taught me; add 1 can of creamed corn to the mix, it makes it really yummy!

With the leftover cornbread I usually have cornbread and milk, and old Southern treat that Ryan makes fun of me for eating;-) If you weren't born in Texas, I guess you just don't get it! Just ask my Mom and sisters, this stuff is awesome. Crumble 2-3 pieces of cornbread into a tall glass, then pour milk to the top of the glass, heaven! Stay warm and enjoy!

No comments: