Thursday, December 11, 2008

No More!

I made a monumental decision today and it's one that has been a long time coming...No More Cokes, ever!

Anyone that knows me knows that I keep the Sonic on Westheimer Pkwy in business with my almost daily Diet Dr. Pepper's w/ Vanilla. Lately I've been feeling really sluggish late in the afternoon, and I know it's because that's when the caffeine has worn off. I don't like being dependent on something like that. And if I haven't had a Coke(ok, anyone in the South knows that a Coke means any carbonated soda, just to clarify)each day by noon I get a raging headache that I won't be able to get rid of, not fun anymore.

Today was the first day in I can't tell you how long that I have not had a Coke, yay me! No headaches and sluggishness to speak of.

I'm putting this up on my blog so I can feel that much more accountable for not having anymore Cokes. I'm done! Well, I might have to stop by Sonic for the occasional Cranberry Limeade;-)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats! Keep it up!

kristyo15 said...

Thanks for the sweet comment. Your pledge rocks...you're my new hero, because my daily dose in the morning is what keeps me goin'! My mom wore off on me, and instead of coffee in the morning, we have a big 'ole coke! Good luck in your quest!