Thursday, December 25, 2008

Johnson's Christmas 2008

What a wonderful Christmas we had! I'm feeling so very blessed. This year we had the chance to be with both sides of our family this year to celebrate so I'm grateful for that.

We made plans to meet up with the Popes on Christmas Eve for dinner at Outback Steakhouse. On the way there we got a call from Ryan's youngest brother, Jordan, who is serving a mission for our church in Taiwan. It was so great to hear his voice! We hadn't spoken to him since May and he sounded really good. When you serve a mission you get to call home twice a year; once on Mother's Day, and then again Christmas Day. It was 5 am his time on Christmas Day when he called so he woke up extra early to call all of the family. I'm not sure why, but I got real teary eyed while talking to him, I guess I just know he's really missing his family a bunch, and also that we're all just so proud of him...We miss him!

Dinner with the Pope's was lots of fun. It was so much fun being around the kids because they were all beyond excited for the big man's visit.

When we got home(around 6:30!) Addyson was already ready to go to sleep, she knows that Santa won't come near your house unless you're sleeping. We put a bowl of water and some reindeer food out for Rudolph and his buddies, then got our ice cream and cookie ready for Santa(our Santa is an ice cream fiend so we have to give him what he likes;-)

I was so excited to see the faces on my little girls on Christmas morning that I didn't sleep much that night. I don't think that Christmas excitement we have as kids ever goes away!

The next morning was pure joy and excitement! Addyson was squealing as she saw what Santa brought her, and Delaney, even though she didn't have a clue as to what was happening, loved it too. They each had their favorite gifts, and Ryan and I did too. Santa hooked us UP this year! I think out of everything Santa brought her, this was Addyson's favorite thing, she is forever glued to it. Delaney had a few favorites as well, but this was the winner. She's had so much fun playing with everything she got, I think she was extra good this year. Santa did do something new this year, he got us a family gift which we love! I'll be taking this everywhere I go. Ryan did a little post-Christmas shopping and picked himself up a new flat screen TV that he wants to put in his "man cave". Should be fun to see it once it's up.

After the presents were opened and the naps were taken, we packed up and headed to The Lahiere's house for Christmas dinner. It was a blast! Brandy and Bobby's house was decorated to the hilt and it looked beautiful. Courtney and her boys were there along with Mom and Dad and my sweet grandmother, Maw Maw. After the kids played outside for a bit we had a yummy dinner, followed by more presents. We finished off the evening with a table full of sweets for dessert. Nothing could have made Christmas better than to be able to spend it with people we love...

Now we get to look toward 2009 and reflect upon 2008. There were definitely some ups and downs this past year, but more ups thank goodness! I know that 2009 will bring us that much more happiness and I can't wait to see what great things will happen to our little family...stay tuned!

Happy Holidays to you and yours~






1 comment:

Nolo and Lauren said...

looks like ya'll had a great Christmas. love the girls' matching pjs