Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"Mom, just ONE, PLEEEEEEASE?!"

This is what Addyson has been asking me all morning, she wants to open just ONE present; "Nope!" I say. It's driving her nuts. I told her that maybe tonight she and Lane can exchange their gifts to each other...Such an impatient little girl!

While we're "patiently" awaiting the arrival of the man with a white beard, we're tracking him here, Addyson loves it!

In all seriousness, I am reminding Addyson of what the true meaning of Christmas is and why we're doing all of this; to celebrate the birth of our wonderful and loving Savior, Jesus Christ. Ryan and I have tried to help her focus on the birth of Christ, and the fact that this is what Christmas truly is about. It's fun watching her get that sparkle in her eye when she sees me put yet another gift under the tree, but at the same time, I want her to understand why it is that all of this is happening. One day she'll get it, and I can't wait for the day that she and her sister will have the same special feeling I do this time each year.

I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and I owe everything good in my life to Him.

No comments: