Friday, December 19, 2008

One of Those Days

*sigh* We've all had em', and I had mine today...

Addyson started getting sick yesterday, and this morning she was feeling just as bad. She woke up grouchy(as to be expected, she doesn't feel well). Then Laney woke up a bit earlier than usual, and I find that her diaper had leaked. I have prided myself on the fact that this child has never had any accidents, and this morning she did. No big deal, but it all just kind of set the tone for the day.
Kind of a let down when I looked at the clock and realized it was only 7:45 am!

I may have been a bit hard on Addyson today, but this is my first time having a 4 year old, and I'm trying to learn my way as her parent, just as she's trying to learn her way in this world.

Delaney is as sweet as she can be, but she is into everything, Addyson was never like this, WOW! I spent my afternoon chasing her, making sure she didn't go up the stairs, get into the entertainment center, or get into Addyson's room. I had to wake her up early from her nap(the thing a Mom never wants to do!)to go pick Addyson up from a gymnastics thing, and that was no fun. I was half tempted to call my neighbor to see of she'd come over and sit w/ Delaney while I was gone, but I decided not to.

The day wasn't all bad though. I went out for some retail therapy just after Laney went to bed and got all of Ryan's Christmas presents bought, yay me! It was nice to get out by myself, I even drove through Starbucks for one of my favorite treats, a Grande' Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. Not something I usually do, especially being on my wheat and dairy free diet, but I thought tonight I'd go for it;-)

It was nice to get home and find one of my girls sleeping, and the other one waiting to snuggle me in her bed. We had some good talks and I'm glad I got to end a not so good day on a sweet note with my oldest. She's a good girl...

In the grand scheme of things, I'm glad I have a sick child that had a monster of a tantrum today, and one that had a leaky diaper that is determined to destroy my house. If I didn't have those things to deal with, I wouldn't have my girls, and they are the biggest blessings of all to me.

No comments: