Sunday, January 18, 2009

Gotta Love Crock Pots


I've been lacking in the posting recipes department, so here's one I plan on making for dinner tonight. I found it on an All Recipes application on my iphone, love this thing, it has changed my life(my iphone, not All Recipes;-)

It's a Crock Pot recipe, one of my favorite inventions of our time;

Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken

1 tbsp vegetable oil
10(but I plan on only using about 5)boneless chicken breasts
3/4 c honey
3/4 c soy sauce
3 tbsp ketchup
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger root
1 20 ounce pineapple tidbits, drained with juice reserved
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 c water

Directions-
Heat oil in skillet just over medium heat, and cook chicken evenly browned on both sides. Place in slow cooker.

In a bowl mix honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, ginger, and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over chicken in the crock pot.

Cover and cook for 4 hours on high(my crock pot seems to cook fast, so I'll cook the chicken on low). Stir in pineapple tidbits just before serving.

Mix the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Remove chicken from slow cooker. Blend in the cornstarch mixture into remaining sauce in the slow cooker to thicken. Serve sauce over chicken.
Happy Sunday!


***A little treat Addyson had after her lunch today, the thing was almost bigger than her head!

1 comment:

Veronica said...

That sounds soooo good! I'm gonna try it.