Friday, January 16, 2009

No News, But That's Good News




Not a whole heck of a lot has been going on in the Johnson Household as of late(which really, that is a good thing), but the girls are keeping us busy as usual. I have one that's wanting to talk really bad, and one that gets funnier by the day!
Ryan has been gone a lot since the holidays came to a close, and that includes traveling, leaving early, and sometimes coming home late. We've all gotten used to saying, "Bye, Dad" quite a bit it seems, and yesterday Lane joined in on the goodbyes as well.
The girls and I were about to leave to go on a walk around the neighborhood and when we got close to the front door Delaney said, "Bye, Dad", as plain as day. Too funny. I don't remember Addyson putting 2 words together until she was a bit older than Delaney is at 14 months. Addyson and I just looked at each other and started laughing. Delaney is a funny little girl. She and Ryan have this thing; He'll ask her, "What does a snake say??" And she says, "Sssssss". I have a smart girl on my hands!

Today while Addyson was at school Ryan and I had fun playing with just Delaney, something we don't usually get to do. She even wandered into big sister's room, something highly forbidden when Addyson is home, shhh! I took some cute pics of her, she's so curious and loves walking from room to room upstairs.

Addyson is getting a real sense of humor about her lately. She's pretty quick witted, something she gets from her Dad and one of the things I most love about him:-) He can get me laughing so hard...

Tonight it was bedtime for Addyson and Ryan had just finished running on the treadmill. He asked her if he could read her a bedtime story and she says, "Dad, you're sweaty, maybe when you're clean." Ha! She was worried that her books and bed would get sweat on them. Such a girl's girl!

Today before she went to school I took some pics of her, it was really cold outside so I let her wear her favorite boots. This girl loves the camera!
Now if only my husband that keeps me laughing and I could get a babysitter for some time away...I told myself on Monday morning that it was on my to-do list to line up a babysitter for this weekend, it got away from me and it's now the weekend, *sigh*...

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Addyson and Delaney have grown up even since I saw them last! They both look so adorable!