Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sweets For My Sweets!










Ryan has been out of town all week, so I thought I'd treat the girls and myself to something special since we're missing him a bunch. I can officially say I'm ready for him to get home, I'm really missing that extra set of hands to help around here at night, plus I just like his company;-)
There's this candy store in New York City called Dylan's Candy Bar that I've always wanted to go to, but seeing as how a trip to NYC is not in the cards in the near future I kind of gave up on that idea. A friend of mine mentioned that there's one in Houston(how did I not know this??) and I was so excited! It's in The Galleria so I knew a trip over there was in order...

After Delaney's nap today I got the girls ready and told Addyson we were headed somewhere neat but I didn't tell her where. The anticipation had her so much on the edge of her seat that she fell asleep in the car on the way there, ha!

We finally arrived at Dylan's(Dylan is Dylan Lauren, Ralph Lauren's daughter, so you know the place has to be pretty special...)and we were so excited! I told Addyson to grab a bag, and to have at it! She chose all kinds of fun stuff for her bag, and I got one too, only mine didn't have near as much stuff inside, sugar and I aren't usually the best of friends. I wanted to take some pics of the inside of the store, but there were no cameras allowed, here's a peek as to what the inside of the store looks like.

We had a great time, and Delaney even had her first taste of one of my all time favorites, a Gummy Coke Bottle, she was pretty taken by it, that's my girl!
I took some cute pics of our outing. I had a great time with my girls and for just a little while we forgot all about missing our Dada.....

No comments: