Sunday, February 22, 2009

Celebrating a Wonderful Life!

On Friday Addyson and I made the trip up to San Antonio to attend a memorial service for my Uncle Tom. Ryan and I decided it would be best if he and Lane stayed behind because she's at the age where she's into everything and it just would have been a difficult trip for us and for her. I really missed them being with us, but we were only gone for 1 night.
The memorial service was more of a celebration of Tom's life rather than a sad time to grieve for him. Of course we all miss him and are saddened that he's gone, but this occasion was really about focusing on the great person he was. There was lots of laughter in that church during the service and I thought that was so appropriate. Tom was hilarious and was known for the practical jokes he played on the people he loved.

It was actually a good weekend, I got to see some family that I don't get to see often and it's always nice to catch up.
And, Addyson got to swim at the pool at the hotel so of course she had a ball :)

1 comment:

JahnkeFam said...

You & Addyson look beautiful in these pics:) So does your Mother :)