Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Weekend

What a fun weekend! We started Friday night off with an at home date night. Ryan and I planned to have dinner at about 7:45, right after both girls are usually in bed. Delaney is normally the easiest one to get to sleep, but she had different plans for us that night. She wanted no part of going to bed, so needless to say we ate our cold dinner around 8:30, *sigh*. It was nice though, no TV, and just the two of us talking with no interruptions :) I made a special treat for Ryan, a recipe called Cupid's Favorite Brownies.

Today Ryan took us out to breakfast and that was nice. We aren't usually brave enough to go eat in a restaurant these days because Delaney is in her squealing at the top of her lungs phase. Both girls did really well though so it was a good time. Later in the day Ryan and Addyson went and did some shopping and came home with a Yankee Candle for me. They both know I love candles so this was right up my alley;-)

Tonight we went over to my parent's house for dinner and it was lots of fun. The usual crowd of The Lahiere's and McCarley's were there. My Mom is such a holiday person; she goes all out for each one and as always her house was all decked out. Valentine red had exploded at my Mom and Dad's house tonight!
The cousins all got special Valentine's from Geemie and Granddad, it was chaos after they were all tanked up on sugar, ugh!
This was a wonderful weekend full of yummy treats and time spent with some of the people I love the most!
**I just love the picture of my Dad and Delaney checking each other out, one of my new favorites!

No comments: