Friday, March 20, 2009

A Labor of Love

We've been tossing around the idea of getting the girls a play set for the yard, but never really did anything about it. Ryan told me about one he found a few weeks back and we decided to go for it.

We picked up the 4 boxes and slide that made up the set, and home we took it. Ryan and our nephew Tanner started assembling it Tuesday afternoon late, and Ryan finished it up today(Friday)around noon. WHEW! What a project! I was really starting to miss Ryan since he was always in the yard;-)

The first time Addyson got on the swing yesterday and we heard her giggle, it made it all worth it...Lane is already trying to climb up the slide, guess I've got lots of teaching in that department.

I'm really proud of Ryan; the instructions read, "It is recommended that 2 moderately skilled individuals assemble play set", and my handyman husband did it all by himself!

I'm excited to see some fun times being had in our backyard, the girls(and the neighbor kids!) already love it, THANKS Ryan!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm impressed! I'm sure you will LOVE having it in your backyard.

jamiebeth04 said...

Ryan is a brave man! Jarrett never would have accomplished that. Impressive...

McKee Family said...

I love it!! Ryan and Tanner did a great job. I am really just so jealous of your huge grass lawn...Grass is hard to come by, where we come from! I bet the girls are loving it!

Suzy said...

Great set! Britt put ours together last year and it's no joke lol! Good job Ryan :)!