Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Has Sprung!

And since we here in the Johnson Household are so excited about Spring, we decided to re-vamp our front yard flower beds. We asked my Mom if she'd come out and help us go pick out new flowers and put them in the ground. She got her Master Gardener Certification from Texas A&M a few years back, so needless to say she has the greenest thumb of anyone I know!
My Mom, Addyson and I headed up to the nursery to pick out all the flowers we needed, to Home Depot for a couple of bird baths, and then to Sonic for some liquid energy:)
After we got home it was a bit of a challenge for me to be any kind of help in the planting department because Delaney is into everything! She is such a mess; at one point I picked her up and noticed she had a mouth full of chalk, yuck! I couldn't believe she had a smile on her face, you know it had to taste pretty greepy.

We had a great afternoon, the yard got a great face lift and we ended the evening with some of Ryan's famous Baby Back Pork Ribs, I am THE luckiest girl, my husband actually likes cooking! I'd say I hit the jackpot...

***I took some before pics of the yard and after pics of what we did, thanks for your help Mom, we love you!!

3 comments:

Nolo and Lauren said...

I'm so jealous that you actually have Spring at your place. We had a blizzard today. Your yard looks great.

Fackrell Fam said...

Just a tad jelous this morning as I am looking out my window and all I can see if a white out! I am with you---it is supposed to be gorgeous spring weather like your pictures on the blog, but not in good old unpredictable UTAH!

Lené Gary said...

Your yard looks beautiful, Heather! I'm so happy you reminded me about your blog. :) Wish I could get the tour, coffee mugs in hand--walk your garden with you and the girls. :)