Friday, May 22, 2009

Just Another Thursday

Except for the fact that a fire truck, ambulance and policeman showed up at my house, *sigh*.

It was 1:30 and Delaney was just waking from her nap when I ran out to the garage to get something. I turned around to come back into the house when the door locked behind me. I'm a freak about locking doors because Ryan's always traveling. I broke out into a sweat and thought about how I had to leave the house by 2:00 to pick up Addyson from school, and that Lane was inside by herself(thank goodness she was in her bed, the safest place she could be). I go to my wonderful neighbor Shannon's house and she suggests I call the Sheriff's department to come help me. Within minutes I had all these emergency vehicles in front of my house and I'm also grateful that most everyone on my street works during the day so they don't see what's going on, except Shannon of course, she already thinks I'm nuts;-)

I can hear Delaney crying from upstairs while these 6 guys from the fire department are trying to help me. There's nothing like the feeling of being separated from your baby when she's crying and you can't get to her. Awful. They were trying to figure out which window to break to get inside when one of the men yells, "I'M IN!" Ahhh, such sweet words.....I run upstairs to get Lane and all she says is, "Cookie Mama, Cookie" Haha, she was hungry!

Ryan was out of town, of course, so when I tell him what happens he says, "Didn't this happen at our old house when Addyson was like 15 months old?? How can it happen again?" Ugh. No kidding, right?

Crazy day yesterday. Ryan says he plans on bringing the guys at the fire department dinner from Carino's soon, they deserve it!

6 comments:

Veronica said...

Oh how scary! I would have felt really stupid if that were me :) Ha ha ha. Just glad everything is okay!!

Sharon Fackrell said...

I have done the same thing (before kids though) and had to call Brady to come and get me in... I now put these Master Lock key holders everywhere we have lived. We like the one you can attach to something and is nice if we are out of town and someone needs to get in. Here is the link to the ones Masterlock has. Hope it helps and never happens again! http://www.masterlock.com/cgi-bin/product_detail.pl?dir=/residential/storagesec/&displaynav=&sub_cat_id=CA_SS_05&template=style

Amy said...

How scary! I'm glad the firemen were able to come to your rescue!

cookies and cups said...

Awwww, Heather!! That stinks! But trust me, it happens to the best of us! I have done it with the car more times than I would like to admit...running with kids inside. Did they come with their sirens on?!?

Melanie said...

Holy cow! That is crazy... how did they get in, after all? Maybe you should give me a key for times like this?? I'm glad it all worked out in the end.

McKee Family said...

Oh my--that's crazy Heather. The same thing happened to me when Carson was a few weeks old and COlter was 18 months. NOT GOOD!! Unfortunately neither were in their beds. Carson was in his is swing and Colter was roaming. Your neighbor was smarter than me. I had the water meter reader (who hardly spoke any English) break a window that I climbed into. I now keep a key outside, just in case. Glad it worked out!!