Sunday, May 10, 2009

Those That Made Me a Mom

I have some pretty special little ones that call me Mom, well, a few can't talk, but they're pretty great too...
It all started with a little cat named Chester. He was my first official "baby". Got him in the Spring of 2001 and he's been there for me through thick and thin. He's my snuggler at night while I'm asleep, a good boy!

Then when Ryan and I got married, Hammer Johnson the cat became my little girl. We call her our angel because she's such a sweet heart, she loves to love. She's definitely Ryan's cat, but the first night we came back home from the hospital after having Addyson, and we had to leave her at the hospital in the NICU, Hammer didn't leave my side the whole night. Sweet girl...

My first official baby, Addyson LeeAnn, is my true joy, and she's so much like me it's uncanny. When I look at her and see how she acts and reacts to things, it reminds me so much of the way I was as a little girl. I sort of get to re-live my childhood through her again. I tell her all the time she's my best friend, probably because she and I are so much alike.
Then came Miss Lane, the littlest girl and our "little warrior" we call her. She is into EVERYTHING! Did I say she's into EVERYTHING?? She's so funny though, she is mischievous, but in a subtle way if that makes sense. She's funny and we're always laughing at her and the things she does. She's the child that has taught me patience for sure! I told my sister I feel like I'm addicted to her. I'm constantly holding her and have learned to do just about everything while holding her, a real talent I think! Love her to pieces.
Last came Baxter Boy. He's a good dog and he and I have really bonded. He loves the girls and that makes me love him!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day today. My little ones and their Dad have been good to me. Ryan woke up extra early to make me some Chocolate Chip Scones and oh MY...they were so good! I told him he needed to quit his job and make and sell these things full time, haha

He and the girls also surprised me with a purse shaped ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins, can't wait to eat it after dinner tonight!

Right after breakfast Ryan got an email from him boss saying that the area directors needed to go to some of their restaurants and make an appearance today so yes, that meant he had to work for a few hours. I was bummed, but what can you do? I took the girls to the mall, we went to the Apple Store and I picked out a dock for my iPhone to play music on, love this thing, thanks Ryan! I then braved California Pizza Kitchen with the little ones for lunch. They were both so good! I can't remember them ever being that well behaved in a restaurant, it was nice...

I'm just so grateful to be a Mom to these 2 sweet and precious little girls. They mean the world to me and I really don't think I could exist with out them. They make me whole! Being a Mom is the best, most challenging, rewarding, meaningful and greatest accomplishment ever. And a thank you to Ryan for being their Dad, he has given me these precious little girls and that is the greatest gift of all.

No comments: