Monday, August 24, 2009

Run, Run, Run

It was time. For months my sweet neighbors, Kendra and Elisa, have been asking me to run with them twice a week and every time they asked I had an excuse. Yesterday they came by and asked yet again, this time I said yes. I'm in need of an exercise routine, and I need one that will fit into my schedule.

The only catch? It's a 5 am run, ouch! I "tried" to get in bed early last night, then set my alarm for 4:45 am. Alarm went off, I got dressed, laced up my shoes and headed out into the darkness to meet the ladies.

For someone who hasn't ran a long distance in years, I feel like I did ok at running 3 miles in 45 minutes!
I'm a little beat today, I feel like I've been up all night with a newborn again, ha!

2 comments:

McKee Family said...

oh my goodness!! 5 AM club--way to go...I would like to say that it gets easier getting up...I guess you get used to it. The nice thing now is that getting up is harder than the workouts!!! ha ha GOOD FOR YOU!!

Shawna said...

Wow, impressive! Good for you girl! Good luck with your new program. :)