Tuesday, October 27, 2009

All Things Fall

We've been living Fall to the fullest these days in the Johnson house!
The girls and I went to a pumpkin festival and picked some great pumpkins this past weekend, and even got approached by a local newspaper photographer asking of she could feature the girls in the newspaper, fun! Ryan carved the pumpkins and they looked really cool...
Yesterday Addyson had her costume parade at school, and we almost didn't make it. You'd think after living in Houston all my life I'd be a pro at driving in thunderstorms, but this one was different. Seriously, I thought I was in the midst of a Monsoon. I pulled over twice on the side of the road because I literally could not see anything in front of me, very scary, especially with my 2 precious babies with me. We finally made it to school and got to see all the fun costumes the kiddos were wearing!

Addyson is a High School Musical cheerleader this year and she's such a cutie in it. Can't wait until Halloween, and we're really excited because it falls on a Saturday this year, yay!
***Here's a recipe I plan on trying out soon, doesn't it look yummy?? Ryan and I are all about our Apple Cider and Hot Chocolate before bed =)
Hot Caramel Apple Cider
Recipe by Our Best Bites
1/2 gallon apple cider (64 oz or 8 C)
1/2 C orange juice, fresh squeezed or good quality bottled like Simply Orange
1 orange
8 cloves
2 cinnamon sticks (if yours are more than a year old- buy new ones!!)
1/4 t ground allspice
1/3 C jarred caramel sauce* more to taste if needed optional: caramel flavored syrupsweetened whipped cream (or from a can is fine!)
*For a delicious twist, substitute maple syrup for the caramel sauce in this recipe.

2 comments:

Nolo and Lauren said...

Your girls are so cute (of course, that is not a surpirse). Love the pumpkins Ryan carved. I still carve my pumpkins like Charlie Brown. And I am definitely going to try out that recipe. Sounds yummy.

Kelly said...

Heather! Addyson looks adorable as a a cheerleader! LOVE IT!!!!