Friday, November 6, 2009

Eczema

Normally I wouldn't post something on my blog about an illness that one of my girls is dealing with, but the Eczema that Lane has, has really has become a big part of our lives, unfortunately.

When she was about 4 months old I started noticing her hands, feet, knees and elbows covered in this red stuff that seemed to make her pretty uncomfortable. I took her in to see a dermatologist at 6 months old and he said it was Eczema. I've heard of plenty of people having it, I've just never seen a case like this, and sadly one of my kids had to endure it. Sometimes when I check on her at night while she's sleeping I'll see her rubbing her feet together and I know she's not sleeping well at all.

I feel like I know pretty much everything about the stuff, I just wish I knew of a way to get rid of it, but nothing completely cures it. Well, according to her doctor, age is the only thing that helps it.

Normally when Lane gets sick, or there's a drastic change in temperature, the Eczema flares up, and this week it's been about as bad as I've seen it. I'm sure the Strep Throat caused the flare up and now we're trying to get it back under control. Today she walked around crying because her hands and feet were really hurting. I felt so bad for her, and I couldn't do anything for it.

I know there are many worse things in the world for people to have to live with, but for a 2 year old that doesn't understand, it's pretty hard on her.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

have you tried oatmeal baths??? kinda gross, and definitely messy..but it helps with the irritation!