Thursday, November 5, 2009

One of Those Weeks

Most of the time I can handle pretty much anything that's thrown at me, but this week was a bit different.

Ryan headed to Vegas for a work/play trip that I was supposed to be on. Brandy was going to keep our girls Sun-Tues. but then her oldest, Bailey, came down with Strep, and she wasn't feeling too hot herself. So, I ended up staying home and really I was fine with that. I was bummed not to get some alone time with Ryan for a few days, but our time will come.

Tuesday afternoon Lane took a 3.5 hour nap, way out of character for her. She's normally a 1.5-2 hour napper. When she woke up she was burning up! I tore the house apart looking for my thermometer and couldn't find it so I wasn't sure of just how high her temp was. Fast forward to 4 the next morning. She woke up again with a really high fever, higher than I've felt anyone have before. I'm guessing it was around 102-103. I was really worried about her, I didn't ever go back to sleep because I kept checking in on her, she was acting real lethargic and didn't want any juice, unusual for her.

Few hours later we were all up and getting Addyson ready for school. She didn't want to wear anything I put in front of her, didn't want the PB&J I made her for her lunch, and even decided to talk back to me a few times. Things weren't going well, and Lane was crying in the background. Addyson's carpool arrived at 8:40 to get her for school and at that point she started crying and throwing one of her greatest all time tantrums saying she didn't want to go with Mrs. Kim to school. So, I ended up having to take her, we were running late, and on the way I got pulled over for speeding. I lost it. I'm not one to cry my way out of a ticket, but I was just wondering what else could happen that day. The officer was really great. He let me go with a warning and said, "Mrs. Johnson, I hope your day gets better, and please slow down." Nice!

I finally got little Lane to the Dr., they ran a test for the Flu, but it came back positive for Strep. I was actually really relieved that it was NOT the flu! Strep is really easy to get and really easy to get rid of. She's had 2 doses of her anti biotic and already she's feeling better. I was worried we were going to have to cancel her birthday celebration for Saturday. Looks like it's still on!

Glad my husband is back, and even happier that there's now 2 sets of hands around here again...

1 comment:

Nolo and Lauren said...

sorry it's been a rough week. i've had one myself. hopefully it's not going to last for the month.