Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wisdom Teeth, Who Needs Em'??

Friday was a big day for Ryan. He was set to get his three remaining Wisdom Teeth pulled. Yes, I know, he's 35, why is he getting them out so late when the rest of us do this in our late teens/early 20's? I suppose there was no need to get them taken out at that point for him. Mine were yanked the Christmas of my Freshman year of college. Ok, back to our Ryan...He and I went to the doctor Friday morning, he got the teeth pulled, I laughed at the things he was saying when he was coming off the laughing gas, got him home and settled in, and the fun began. I'll spare the gory details, but let's just say that Ryan has had way more fun things happen to him in his life, the pulling of his wisdom teeth not being one of them.

This weekend has been a challenge to put it mildly. Trying to keep Ryan comfortable and two little girls away from him so he can rest, trying to find "soft" foods he can eat, laundry, dishes, etc., has been a little tough. The girls LOVE their Dad and when he's home they're usually all over him. I feel for him because he's been in lots of pain, but still patient, and even playing card games with Addyson.

Let's hope by this time next week this will all be a distant memory!

No comments: