Sunday, August 15, 2010

10K Run

Looks as though turning 35 has made me go a bit coo coo. I signed up for my first 10K run and I'm not looking back! This should be a good one. It's in Galveston, in November, so you can't get better running conditions that that.

The 10K(6.2 miles) is on Sunday, 11/21, and Ryan is running the half marathon(13.1 miles) on Saturday, 11/20. This is both of our first races and we're excited!

I started my training this morning. It was good and bad. Bad being that it was so hot outside and that since I took Baxter, I wasn't able to focus as much as I wanted. He was busy sniffing other runners as they ran by, and he wanted to take pit stops constantly. Next time I'll go solo, and on the treadmill until it gets cooler outside! It was good because I figured out that I'm not in as bad of shape as I thought, yay me! This is definitely do-able.

1 comment:

Nolo and Lauren said...

that's awesome... I'm a long way off from being able to run a 10K. Maybe for my 35th. ;)