Friday, July 19, 2013

Some things never change

I've always been a bit leery of the dark and weird spaces that have corners I can't see around.  I was that way as a kid and I guess maybe I still am today.  So this brings me to the basement.  Ours is not finished out yet and whenever I go down there, which is really never, I coax a child or the dog to go with me.  Tonight was spaghetti night and there was no tomato sauce in the pantry and immediately I shudder.  I knew I needed to get a jar from the food storage in yes, the basement.  I went down there all by my lonesome(Ryan is working, girls were on the driveway riding bikes and the dog was too busy napping to go with me), retrieved what I needed, and ran back upstairs like a scared kid.  So sad.  But I'm living to tell about it so maybe that basement isn't so bad.  Actually, yes it is.

No comments: