Tuesday, May 13, 2014

On a Mission

Lately I've had the impression that I need to start being really mindful of saving money, and paying attention to what each of our pennies and dollars are spent on.  Normally if I see something I like, or maybe the girls or Ryan would like, I buy it.  No questions asked.  Recently if there's an item I want I categorize it into a need or a want.  It really puts things into perspective for me.  Lane certainly doesn't need anymore new dresses for a while, and Addyson needs no more shorts or cute t's for the summer.   Today I needed to get to the grocery store, and for a change I went to Aldi's.  It's an off brand grocery store and I might go there if I'm in that area for maybe milk, but today I bought everything from my grocery list there.  I'm kind of picky about the brands I use, and some things like peanut butter I won't buy off brand, but something like cereal or crackers I will.  I was pleasantly surprised when I spent $68 on all of these groceries!  Normally that would be about $150 at Giant Eagle or Walmart.  There's a few things that aren't in the photo, like two hula hoops for the girls, $1.50 a piece!  Not a need, but a great deal.  
Ryan works so hard for our family and I think the least I can do is to try and make what he brings home go as far as it can.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A penny saved is a penny earned!