Friday, August 1, 2014

A Happy 39th Birthday

Wow.  I'm embarking upon the very last year of my 30's.  Hard to believe!  My 30's were full of all kinds of learning.  How to be a mom, a wife, fulfill my church callings, cooking, chores, the list goes on.  It's been a tough decade, but a pretty great one at the same time.  
The original plan for celebrating my birthday this year was to meet Brandy and her family in Hershey, PA.  I was so excited to go, but a few days before the trip I started feeling pretty crummy.  I felt like I had the flu until I went to the Dr and she ruled that out, thank goodness.  I didn't feel much better the day we were supposed to leave, so I told Brandy we wouldn't be able to meet them.  I was pretty bitter the day before we were to leave.  On the morning of my birthday I could tell Ryan and the girls were trying their hardest to make my birthday a special one.  Ryan made me the usual tuxedo cake(best cake ever), we shopped and had a great time doing that.  Ryan got me the North Face jacket I've been wanting, along with a few new pair of shoes.  We came home and had nachos and tacos, played outside with the kiddos, then ended the day with cake.  It was pretty much the perfect day.  I'm a blessed girl for sure.






No comments: