Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Spring Break 2015

I feel like we packed in so much into Spring Break this year. It was nice to get a change of scenery in, especially away from SNOW!  We started off the week in a quiet cabin in a cute little town called Hocking Hills.  It was recommended we go there by Addyson's first soccer coach she had the year we moved to Ohio.  So we've been waiting to get there for a while. Thank goodness the weather was nice and mild.  It took us about 2.5 hours to get there and it was so worth it.  We stayed in a cute three bedroom cabin that sat right on Lake Logan.  The girls and Ryan fished off and on the few days we were there. We hiked Old Man's Cave and drove around to see the sights.  We ate at a surprisingly decent Mexican restaurant, wandered around a Flea Market, I read my Kindle, and just enjoyed time with my sweet family.  The day after we got home, Addyson spent the entire day with her best friend, Regan.  They went to a jump zone place, had pizza and ice cream, then hung out at her house.  While Addyson did her thing, Lane and I went and saw Cinderella.  It was such a great movie!  I cried when the Fairy Godmother changed her into her beautiful blue sparkly gown, ha!  Was so much fun seeing this movie with Lane, she's all about her princesses, so I couldn't have chosen a better friend to see it with, love that little lady.  At the last minute, Ryan and I planned a getaway for the girls and I to head to Houston.  Ryan had to work all day Easter Sunday, and I found out the girls didn't have school the Monday after Easter, so this was the perfect time to go.  We left Friday afternoon, so the Easter Bunny visited the girls that morning, yay!  They collected lots of loot, including the Into The Woods movie that Addyson got in her basket.  Thank goodness for that on the plane ride.  I feel like the Houston trip was all about family, swimming, and Mexican food, perfect!  The weather was nice and warm and I really enjoyed the sunshine. I wish we could've stayed longer, but we'll be back soon.  This Spring Break couldn't have come at a better time, I was craving sunshine and blue skies and that's just what we got! 













































No comments: