Monday, June 15, 2015

Kit Kat

We had the missionaries over for dinner last night.  Always nice to have them over.  Normally after we finish eating, they'll have a special message for us to share, but last night I had a request for their message.  Since Lane is getting baptized in November, I asked them if they could talk with her about baptism and what it means, why we do it, and why she wants to do it.  I'm so glad I did because as much as we talk to her about it, or her learning about it in sharing time at church, it was nice for her to have them talk just to her.  Elder Clement related to the meaning of baptism to a Kit Kat candy bar, mainly the Kat part.  He told Lane to remember what the K, A, and T stood for and she'd be good.

K-Keep the Commandments
A-Always Remember Him
T-Take Upon His Name

I loved it!  Such a simple way of remembering what baptism is all about.  I'm so excited for Lane that she's getting baptized in just a few months.  Besides my sealing to Ryan, I think it was the most important decision I made and one I always cherish.  

No comments: