Sunday, August 10, 2008

My littlest


This morning Delaney got me up at the usual 6:45, and after changing her diaper, and getting lots of tummy kisses, we went downstairs so I could make her a bottle. I usually sit her in her Bumbo seat while I'm making it, and it's in the middle of the kitchen table. I gave her one of her favorite toys to play with while she was sitting in it, and about a minute later I hear the toy fall on the floor. I glanced over at her, then continued warming her bottle. All of a sudden I hear her screaming, yep, it happened. She fell completely off the table and on to the floor, and she landed on her tummy. I have a mental picture of that I'll never forget. She was screaming and I was crying. And it was a scream I'd never heard from her before(and I've heard LOTS of her screaming, she was a colicky newborn). I picked her up and carried her to our room to get Ryan, but by then he was already out of the bed, half asleep wondering what was going on.

I felt so extremely guilty for what had happened. I knew she was too big for that Bumbo seat, but I never in a million years thought she'd fall out of it. And for the record, the Bumbo has a new home, in the back of the hall closet. I've loved using it, and it's a great thing to have, just not when your baby gets to be bigger than about 8 months.

I've still got a headache from all the crying I did this morning, but the little one seems just fine, thank the Good Lord. He was for sure watching over us this morning...

No comments: